Title: The Old Tram Depot
MADE were commissioned to redevelop the former Tram Depot building, which first opened on the 25th November 1913 and had remained empty for many years. Whilst the building was not listed, it had inherent architectural qualities which would have been a great loss if the building had to be demolished.
MADE’s proposals were to provide 16no retail units, 28no market stalls to form a souq/bazaar area, a health/beauty outlet and a food retail unit. The development utilised as much of the existing building as was possible, restoring where needed and updated the frontages with full height display glazing.